The A Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University of PhoenixManagement 521

You are not connected. Please login or register

My expectations

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My expectations Empty My expectations Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Erin

Admin

I guess I'll get things started. I guess my expectations are thta everyone participate more than a couple of posts. We have five people on our team. Currently we are waiting for one person to participate just in posting to the charter posting on the school's website. We have seven days in each week to get our assignments done. I think everyone should be cognizant of this at all times. I know we all have competing demands for our time, but we all also elected to enroll in this program.

Please don't anyone be afraid to speak up. Anything you say could be what someone else wanted to but is hesitant to say anything. I'm exteremly guilty of doing this....especially in classes. We are not here to judge but to come to an understanding of each other and our personalities so that we can work together the next three weeks until our class comes to an end.

These are just a few preliminary and basic thoughts I have. I feel like I'm the one doing all the talking...which I guess as the team lead would be understandable, but I love bouncing ideas back and forth and understanding what makes others tick.

POST UP!! clown

https://mgt521.board-directory.net

2My expectations Empty Nicole's expectations Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Nicole07

My expectations are that everyone contributes equally. One or two people should not carry the weight of the entire team. I believe that all team members should reply to several posts, share ideas with the rest of team and put forth effort for the grade. Checking in with the team should become second nature to us just like reading the instructor's posts. Very Happy

3My expectations Empty Re: My expectations Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Erin

Admin

So I started just putting some general verbiage into the charter for each question. For this one, this is what I just typed in before having the feedback. I think now that we have some more participation, we can kind of go back and forth until we can reach a final piece.

Here's the start I have at this point although I know it's very vague:

All team members are required to actively participate. It is unacceptable to allow a minority of team members to perform all the work while others gain credit.

4My expectations Empty accountability - team charter Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:02 pm

sarah simmons

It is important for everyone to contribute, I agree completely Erin. I think deadlines are the way to do it. If someone doesn't make the deadline, then we have laid out the appropriate handling of it.

5My expectations Empty Re: My expectations Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:10 pm

Nicole07

That sounds good Erin! We could also add that everyone is expected to contribute ideas and have their input included in our work.

6My expectations Empty Expectations Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:45 pm

FMKilerbee

Hi everyone-I'm a little technologically challenged so thanks for your patience and help getting me up to pace with you.
The charter looks great. All of the questions are thoroughly answered and consequences clear.
Am I understanding all of our communication on our project will be through this forum?
The date and time on this post are wrong. It's 8/14 @ about 8pm.

Faith Kilby

Last edited by FMKilerbee on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

7My expectations Empty Re: My expectations Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:30 am

Erin

Admin

The date and time are wrong for you because I set it for central time which is the time zone I reside in Smile Just a little FYI. I'd like to keep most of the communications in here for when we aren't having meetings, but I think we had a lot of luck with the AOL chat the other night, so for real-time, interactive meetings, I think that might be the best way to go. We can set up dates and times for week four after everything is submitted Monday for this week. More to come! I think we're going to have a great team!

8My expectations Empty Re: My expectations Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Erin

Admin

As we have all agreed on the contents of the charter, I am now going to lock this tread so we can move on to Week 4. Week 4 will have it's own breakdown for class requirements of us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum