The A Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University of PhoenixManagement 521

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are family!! I got all my sisters with me!! We are family!! Get up everybody and sing!!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Erin

Admin

I think that since we are running short on time, we all need to check into this at least three to four times a day. With everyone's variable schedule, I think that's the only way we are going to be able to interact. I am available basically by any channel of communication, but I think having text to refer back to will help the cohesion when presenting ideas. Also, because this is a forum like our class, people can check in as it's convenient for them and not risk being interupted. I think we all need to have viable opinions and information to share. We need to be sure that topical threads stay on track and than any extraneous chit chat take place on the thread intended specically for that purpose.

If someone anticipates not being able to participate, they need to speak up so we can make accomodations. I also think that I will give our instructor permission to log on to this forum just to she can check in if she feels the need.

Any feedback?

https://mgt521.board-directory.net

Nicole07

Erin, I like your idea of giving the instructor permission to log-in. She will be able to check our progress and participation levels. I also agree with you that these posts need to be task oriented and not for small talk or other conversation. My expectation for time management is that everyone logs in at least twice a day to check for updates and contribute to the project. Most of us are in different time zones so gathering a time when we are all available at once is nearly impossible. We will get this project finished if everyone focuses and works diligently on their own time to put the pieces together in the end. Surprised

Erin

Admin

I agree! I think two is sufficient. As a follow up though, Shelby has replied and said she will not be reviewing this, but that we need to include minutes from the conversations and updates in the school forum so she can tell that progress is being made. I just hate the microscope that having conversations in the learning team puts us under cuz I know how much I check the other team's progress Smile

So for #2 I started with, This includes interacting in the private forum, the school forum, responding to emails at the addresses provided on this charter, responding via telephone and/or text if that is listed as an accepted form of communication on the charter. All communications should be respectful and appropriate. Daily updates at a minimum are expected. Deadlines will be met at least a day and a half before the final deadline of each task assigned.

4We are family!!  I got all my sisters with me!!  We are family!!  Get up everybody and sing!! Empty sounds great Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:59 pm

sarah simmons

that sounds like a great plan.

Erin

Admin

Sarah, are you on yahoo messenger? I know Jessica is logging on to AOL right now so we can get a real time meeting going.

sarah simmons

i have aol and yahoo... let me get my user names

sarah simmons

on aol i am RedwoodPrincesss with 3 s's
on yahoo I am just me, Sarah Simmons

Nicole07

Erin, I agree with you that all information needs to be completely finished at least a day and a half before it is due. Then no one is scrambling at that last minute to put a mediocre project together.

Erin

Admin

As we have all agreed on the contents of the charter, I am now going to lock this tread so we can move on to Week 4. Week 4 will have it's own breakdown for class requirements of us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum