The A Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University of PhoenixManagement 521

You are not connected. Please login or register

Accountability is such a strong word

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Accountability is such a strong word   Empty Accountability is such a strong word Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Erin

Admin

So here's the deal. I'm sorry if this comes off strong, if someone is not contributing sufficiently, I don't think it would be inappropriate to send an email to the team member notifying them that they are neglecting their team. This way there can be a list denoting what is not being done, the date/time the subject was broached, any response received and the number of times this is addressed. Because of what I do, I am a firm believer in paper trails to refer back to when needed. I will inform the instructor accordingly. That being said, let me tell you that this is always a last resort. As adults, I think we should all be able to achieve the goals our assignment has put forth and I don't anticipate this being an issue alien

https://mgt521.board-directory.net

2Accountability is such a strong word   Empty Contribution and collaboration. Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Nicole07

All of us enrolled in this class for a common goal, to pursue an MBA degree. With that being said, all team members should take it upon themselves to contribute daily to our team to reach that goal. Those who are not participating as much as others should definitely receive an e-mail on participation expectations. If the participation is still lacking after the e-mail, send another one explaining that we are going to the instructor if participation does not improve. After the second email, the instructor should definitely be informed of the persons unwillingness to collaborate with the group. It is not fair for everyone to receive the same grade when only a couple people are doing all of the work. A way to ensure participation is assigning equal segments for each person to complete. cat

3Accountability is such a strong word   Empty accountability Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 pm

sarah simmons

If someone does not participate, I think we should call them. If we still do not have participation from that person, then an email to them letting them know that we will be contacting the instructor is appropriate. We are all paying for these classes and are adults, we know what is expected of us. Our work environments are all different and so are our work loads so setting deadlines works best for me, and hopefully everyone else too.

Erin

Admin

As we have all agreed on the contents of the charter, I am now going to lock this tread so we can move on to Week 4. Week 4 will have it's own breakdown for class requirements of us.

https://mgt521.board-directory.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]